It’s very easy to take apart the original toaster style Nintendo NES. You only need a standard Phillips screw driver and optionally a dental pick tool.
- Flip the NES on it’s top and remove the 6 screws from the bottom of the NES
- Remove the top of the NES and set the NES on it’s bottom like normal
- Remove the 6 screws holding on the metal shielding
- Remove the cartridge caddy by removing the 6 screws that hold it in place. Take note that the 2 silver screws are longer and remember to put them back in the same spot.
- Remove the last 2 screws that are located near where the power supply and component cables plug in.
- Now you can remove the motherboard from the NES.